Shopify reported revenue of $978 million in last week’s Q4 earnings report, up 94% year-over-year, and adjusted earnings of $1.58 per share – easily surpassing analysts’ expectations of $1.26 a share.
The company and its sellers benefited from the large shift to online buying in 2020, including significant growth during the holiday season. With consumers spending a total of $120 billion on the platform last year, Shopify-powered websites saw some of their best traffic and sales.
Despite the reopening of brick-and-mortar stores, the direct-to-consumer marketplace expects revenue growth to continue in 2021 – good news for e-commerce business owners. In their earnings’ call, Shopify said it expects this year’s growth to be higher than any year prior to 2020.
With such growth, it’s no surprise that FE International saw a 25% increase in the volume of Shopify app acquisitions over the last three quarters. A listing of Shopify businesses currently up for acquisition is available on the FE website.
Every year, thousands of SaaS founders and executives gather to get the latest behind-the-scenes look into the world of SaaS. At SaaStock, attendees experience an array of activities – from keynote speakers to boot camps and intimate panel discussions with executives from the biggest names in SaaS.
This year, readers of FE Newsletter can get 30% off tickets by using the code FEINT30. With 30+ hours of actionable insights and 3000+ global attendees, SaaStock is the place for your business to gain traction, grow and scale, and meet investors and find funding.
While adding an audio version of website text is an accessibility best practice, it neither improves or hurts a page’s SEO. The clarification came last week during the Google Search Central SEO hangout call.
While Google processes photo and video differently from text, it does not do the same with audio. Thus, there is no direct benefit. However, an indirect benefit could come from greater traffic due to the increase in accessibility.
Additionally, Google clarified that it does not view audio as duplicate content, so including a recording of text on the page will not hurt SEO, either.
For sale is a rapidly growing portfolio of five Android Apps (with additional iOS, macOS, Windows Applications, and Google Chrome browser extensions) in the Internet Addiction Prevention niche with a combined average rating of 4.5 stars on Google Play.
Boasting over 13,300 paying users driving c.$63,000 in MRR, the Apps have developed a substantial userbase. This has driven more than $670,000 in gross revenues over the LTM and YoY revenue growth of 169% from 2019 to 2020.
The App portfolio presents a unique acquisition opportunity for a new owner to take over five well-built Apps with broad appeal.
Some key highlights:
- Rapidly growing App portfolio in the Internet Addiction Prevention niche
- Impressive combined 4.5 stars rating across portfolio on Google Play Store
- Well-built Apps with over 309,000 installs in the LTM
- Lean and scalable cost structure driving high net margins of 86.3% in the LTM
Request a prospectus from the link above to learn more.
|For more updates throughout the week on the financial world of online business M&A, follow our team on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.|
OTHER NEW LISTINGS
- Established Atlassian App portfolio in the Agile Workflow Visualization niche
- Loyal customer base with a high LTV of c.$8.7K over the LTM
- Highly attractive SaaS metrics with a strong MRR of c.$25.7K and ARPA of c.$270
- Lean and scalable cost structure with high net margins and minimal owner workload
Yearly net profit: $241,000
Asking price: $1,152,000
- 20 years of operational history
- Authoritative position within the niche, ranking for over 131,000 keywords on Google, attracting over c.4M visitors per year
- Recently employed a new, highly lucrative revenue stream
- High ARPV of c.$0.06 over the LTM
- Very valuable domain also included in the sale
Yearly net profit: $159,000
Asking price: $600,000
That’s all for this week. See you next week!
The FE International Team